Associate Director/Director, Program and Alliance Management
We seek a talented life science program and alliance management leader for our rapidly growing portfolio. This person will be responsible for actively managing and integrating highly technical, cross functional teams to ensure the advancement of programs in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment. Will manage program scope, timelines, deliverables, budget, risks, decisions and alignment across the organization and with partners.
This highly visible role will closely partner with internal stakeholders and external partners to drive programs to successful outcomes. Will routinely flex between scientific / technical details and big-picture planning to achieve company objectives. Will have the ability to quickly develop a breadth and depth of expertise, spanning research through early neuroscientific clinical development with novel small molecules.
- Lead high performing, cross-functional teams to promote effective communication and ensure integration and alignment of internal subject matter experts via team meetings and program updates.
- Maintain high-level integrated project plan, with input from all key stakeholders/functions, and ensures progress against all workstreams.
- Partners with functional leaders to define project strategies and proactively identify and escalate risks, gaps and challenges, key dependencies and decisions points. Works with teams to develop scenarios and solve problems
- Engages with Executive Leadership Team to keep them current on program status and elevates appropriate matters to that team as needed.
- Leads team discussions to drive to decision-making, defining and resolving action items, agendas and meeting minutes.
- Keeps teams focused on priorities and provides sufficient influence to bring teams to consensus on important matters.
- Responsible as a key contact for program team related information and for obtaining and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status and key risks and mitigation strategies.
- Fosters strong relationships and supports effective and impactful communications with management, team members and functional line managers to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities.
- Lead efforts to prepare for PIND meetings and IND filings.
- Partners closely with Finance colleagues to support management of financial aspects of partnerships including tracking to budget and ensuring effective use of resources throughout the year.
- Reinforces and supports team operating principles, best practices and team building to ensure effective and high-performing teams and quicky addresses matters that interfere with team dynamics.
- Serves as a key point person for program team members, particularly on issue identification, resolution and escalation.
- Consistently seeks ways to improve team performance.
- Tailors program, approach and systems to small and rapidly growing organization
- Minimum of BS in a scientific discipline. Masters and/or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- A strong leader with a minimum 5 years of experience in life sciences industry (biotechnology or pharmaceutical) with demonstrated experience managing cross-functional program teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background and familiarity with early- stage drug development.
- Significant breadth of experience across the drug development process including non-clinical, clinical, regulatory, and CMC functions.
- Experience with small molecule drug development,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, engage, influence, focus, negotiate, and resolve conflict internally and externally across multiple stakeholders to identify and resolve key project issues.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Combines attention to detail with big-picture strategic perspective.
- Navigates complexity and ambiguity to adapt to evolving priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment, set priorities and drive to results.
- Integrates multiple viewpoints and builds alignment.
- Proficiency with program/project management tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project and/or Smartsheets, and SharePoint.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; including presentation and facilitation.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com referencing job code PM-MK
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs