Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist, In Vitro Biology
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist to join our In Vitro Biology team to contribute to the preclinical development of RNAi-based therapeutics. This individual is expected to design and execute assays for the identification of therapeutic oligonucleotides, to assess the knockdown of target mRNAs and proteins and to assess additional molecular biomarkers of therapeutic efficacy.
- The design and implementation of rigorous assays for the quantitation of oligonucleotides, mRNAs and proteins from cells and tissues.
- Developing and standardizing cell-based assays, using skills in molecular cloning, stable cell line generation, cell culture and expression analysis
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments and presentation of results within the company
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biological science with a minimum of 2-5 plus years of experience OR a Master’s degree in biochemistry or relevant biological science with a minimum of 0-2 plus years of experience; Position level is commensurate with experience
- A strong background in assay development, optimization, and validation in mammalian cell culture
- Technical expertise in cell-based bioassays, MSD, SDS-PAGE/immunoblotting, and ELISA/ multiplex assays
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, including molecular cloning, creation of stable cell lines for target evaluation, mRNA expression analysis, RNAseq and DNA sequence analysis tools
- Experience with oligonucleotide quantification, pharmacodynamic biomarker identification, and neurobiology are preferred
- Ability to work and think independently while contributing as a part of a highly matrixed team
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal communication, presentations to groups, written reports and detailed record keeping
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs