Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist, Neuroscience Biology
Atalanta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel oligonucleotide therapeutics for the treatment of genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Our founders’ groundbreaking discoveries in RNA interference offer a powerful therapeutic approach to halt diseases at their source. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are relocating to a new space in Boston’s Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Neuroscience Biology team to contribute to the development of RNAi-based therapeutics directed at serious diseases with a high unmet medical need. The selected individuals are expected initially to design and execute cellular assays to assess target biology and to measure the effects of experimental drug candidates. Successful candidates will have significant experience with neuronal cell culture and molecular biology, a deep interest in neurological disease, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated cross-functional team.
- The rigorous design and implementation of cell-based assays for screening and counter-screening of oligonucleotide lead compounds. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of the biological effects of target modulation, quantitation of mRNA and protein expression changes, and assessment of siRNA design modifications on cellular uptake, activity and toxicity.
- Molecular and cellular biology as needed to generate reproducible model systems.
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments, and presentation of results within the company.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Cellular, or Molecular Biology with 2-8+ years of industry experience OR a Master’s degree in Neuroscience, Cellular, or Molecular Biology with 0-5+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Experience working with primary neurons, astrocytes, microglia, or iPSC-derived neuronal cultures preferred.
- Extensive experience with molecular biology, including gDNA and mRNA extraction, mRNA expression analysis (QRT-PCR, RNAseq), Western blot, ELISA. Experience with molecular cloning and bacterial culture is an asset.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, in situ hybridization, ICC, magnetic bead cell sorting, and flow cytometry is desirable.
- A strong understanding and practical experience with assay development and optimization. Experience with assay development in the context of neurobiology and of electrically excitable cells is preferred.
- Ability to work and think independently and contribute as a part of a highly matrixed team.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs