Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Biology
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust and growing internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist with a strong background in cellular and molecular biology to join the In Vitro Biology team. This individual will play a hands-on role in models that are utilized for target-specific cell-based assays as part of our oligonucleotide therapeutic screening efforts. The successful candidate will need to be flexible to changing priorities/timelines and have strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Establish cellular and biochemical assays for siRNA screening and target validation
- Assay development for mRNA and protein expression of cell culture-based assays
- Maintenance of mammalian cells and cultures, cryobank and reagent inventories.
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments and presentation of results within the company
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in neuroscience, cell biology, biochemistry, or similar discipline is required
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of Industry or academic lab research experience is required
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolations, QuantStudio qRT-PCR, immunostaining, and Meso Scale Discovery (MSD)/ELISA preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques with strong understanding of aseptic operations
- A strong background in cell-based assay development, optimization, and validation
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task, with a capacity to handle multiple and changing priorities as well as fluctuations in the workload
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific data
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs