(Senior) Associate Scientist/Scientist I, In Vivo Pharmacology (Molecular Biology)
Atalanta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel oligonucleotide therapeutics for the treatment of genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Our founders’ groundbreaking discoveries in RNA interference offer a powerful therapeutic approach to halt diseases at their source. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s up-and-coming Seaport district.
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated (Senior) Associate Scientist/Scientist to join the in vivo pharmacology group to support Atalanta’s drug discovery programs. This individual will have a strong background in molecular and biochemical assays and method development with hands-on experience in processing CNS tissue and molecular analysis to assess target gene and protein expression. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary small biotech environment.
The (Senior) Associate Scientist/Scientist will be responsible for assay development and execution of experiments to determine the biodistribution, pharmacodynamic properties and efficacy of oligonucleotides in research and preclinical studies supporting multiple drug discovery programs and platform discovery research.
- Work closely with pharmacology team members to design and execute assays to assess the pharmacological activity, biodistribution and efficacy of oligos in research and preclinical studies to support development of oligonucleotide therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Perform various molecular and biochemical assays on tissue samples from preclinical studies for a variety of CNS drug development programs, including molecular genotyping using PCR assays, quantitative and qualitative analysis of target mRNAs and proteins, quantitative characterization of siRNA from CNS and other tissue matrices, in situ hybridization to characterize mRNA distribution, and transcriptome analysis using RNAseq.
- Manage tissue analysis and oversee the transfer and storage of samples from rodent and large animal studies performed at Atalanta or at external CRO facilities.
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments and presentation of results within the company
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education with 3-5 plus years of laboratory working experience, a Master’s Degree with 0-3 plus years of experience, or a PhD with 0-1 plus years of experience
- Hands-on experience in molecular, biochemical and cell biological assays including tissue and cellular DNA/RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, ELISA, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, and cell/tissue imaging by microscopy.
- Hands-on experience in gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis systems such as Bioanalyzer would be preferred.
- Experience in establishing analytical methods for HPLC and Mass Spectrometry would be desirable but not required.
- Experience in CNS tissue harvesting and processing including rodent brain collection, sample collection from large animal brain and spinal cord and tissue homogenization would be preferred.
- Experience in animal handling, drug delivery via different routes (IV, IT, stereotactic brain injection, etc.), tissue collection and processing would be desirable but not required.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills with strong attention to details.
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs