Data Engineer – Bioinformatics
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust and growing internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives with a powerful and transformative technology. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to support our growing need for bioinformatics. As part of the bioinformatics team, the successful candidate will help develop solutions for drug discovery efforts. They will bring rigor and innovation to drive cloud-based software development to accelerate multiple parts of drug discovery such as target prioritization, drug design, and drug characterization. Some experience in building dashboards is required to develop meaningful tools that makes data accessible for users of all levels. The candidate will learn about common bioinformatics file formats and will be trained to integrate data using open-source tools to accelerate the drug discovery activities. The candidate will bring software-development and data-engineering skills, and work closely with biologists to perform cutting-edge drug discovery.
- Develop bioinformatics pipelines on the cloud to analyze various biological data types to address key questions in drug discovery
- Support development of a cloud-native bioinformatics algorithm to direct chemical synthesis and predict structure-activity relations for novel therapeutics
- Develop dashboards that will democratize access to in-house and public data sources
- Develop scalable bioinformatics pipelines in cloud and enable compound discovery and characterization
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience OR a Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related discipline is required Position level is commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrated experience in programming, scripting, querying or statistical analysis languages such as bash, R, python, Perl
- Experience with SQL databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience in cloud computing such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience using git with GitHub or BitBucket is required
- Experience creating dashboards with Tableau, R Shiny, Plotly Dash, Looker or related dashboard tools
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Enthusiasm to help design and develop novel therapeutics targeting neurological diseases with a high unmet medical need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical languages
- Previous experience working with data from molecular biology, genetics, neurobiology, or related biological discipline
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics file formats and bioinformatics tools
- Experience in using workflow management systems such as Nextflow or Snakemake to develop pipelines or run analysis
- Good foundation in statistics and exposure to machine learning techniques
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Atalanta will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individualsBack to Jobs