Atalanta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel oligonucleotide therapeutics for the treatment of genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Our founders’ groundbreaking discoveries in RNA interference offer a powerful therapeutic approach to halt diseases at their source. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s up-and-coming Seaport district.
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Facilities Manager to provide a safe and efficient work environment by managing services, resources, and procedures across the organization. This individual will provide a high level of customer service while delivering strategic and tactical execution of facilities and lab operations. The Facility Manager will work closely with scientific and non-scientific staff to provide support, including but not limited to purchasing/inventory management, shipping and receiving, equipment maintenance, vendor and building services management, and office move management. This individual will manage facilities and lab operations in a 37,000 square facility.
- Manage or support various facilities administration duties including but not limited to, vendor coordination, and landlord services related to facility electric, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Assist in managing external vendors related to building services (e.g., janitorial, security, food vendors, office and kitchen supplies, etc.)
- Manage office moves as single point of contact to all internal stakeholders.
- Assist internal stakeholders on installation, relocation and repairs of basic laboratory assets as well as auxiliary equipment (e.g., metro racks, shelving etc.)
- Respond to and frontline all corrective actions within the office and laboratory spaces (excluding laboratory instrumentation repairs and calibrations)
- Provide utility assistance as needed for laboratory assets.
- Manage lab gas deliveries and distribution to the labs
- Manage the Shipping & Receiving of packages and assist with the preparation of outgoing packages, including mail services and distribution.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in facilities management or related discipline is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a technician or equivalent work experience, training and/or education is required
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with employees of all disciplines and functions
- Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both oral and written, is required
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues, which may occur outside of normal business hours, is required