Research Associate / Senior RA (in vivo), in vivo Pharmacology
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated in vivo-oriented Research Associate to join the in vivo pharmacology team to support Atalanta’s drug discovery programs. Successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience conducting in vivo rodent studies including dosing (e.g. IV, IP, SC, IM, ICV), surgery including stereotactic surgery and injections, and rodent necropsy techniques. Experience with biochemical tissue analysis and histology, as well as molecular biology laboratory techniques would be desirable. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other Research Associates and Scientists, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
The candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design and execution of in vivo experiments to determine the biodistribution, pharmacodynamic properties and efficacy of oligonucleotides in preclinical studies supporting multiple drug development programs and platform discovery research.
- Work closely with pharmacology team members to design and execute in vivo experiments to determine the biodistribution, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties, mechanism of action and efficacy of oligonucleotides.
- Perform rodent surgery, including direct stereotaxic injections into the brain, cannula and pump implantations, intrathecal catheter implantation and dosing.
- Animal dosing, monitoring, and handling; IV, SC, IP dosing; breeding colony maintenance and management; maintenance of genetic mouse models.
- Organize and assist with all activities related to animal necropsy and tissue collection.
- Observation and scoring of behavioral assays
- Participate in tissue processing for molecular, biochemical and histological analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education with typically 2-5+ years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 0-2+ years of experience.
- Hands on experience conducting in vivo studies and should be skilled in rodent surgeries (including stereotactic and intrathecal surgeries/injections highly preferable, but not required) dosing (e.g. -IV, IP, SC, IM), behavioral assays and rodent necropsy techniques.
- Experience working with transgenic models of neurological disease is desirable but not required.
- Experience with colony management systems would be preferred.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines required.
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job code RA-QC
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs