Scientist II/Senior Scientist, Cellular and Molecular Biology
Atalanta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel oligonucleotide therapeutics for the treatment of genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Our founders’ groundbreaking discoveries in RNA interference offer a powerful therapeutic approach to halt diseases at their source. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s up-and-coming Seaport district.
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist with a strong background in cellular and molecular biology to join the In Vitro Biology team. This individual will utilize expertise in human iPSC, primary cell culture, and molecular cloning to develop novel, target-specific cell-based assays for oligonucleotide therapeutic screening. The candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple drug development programs for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Design, construct and validate cell-based assays to evaluate the efficacy, activity and specificity of siRNA compounds for therapeutic development. The candidate will provide expertise in molecular cloning and stable cell line generation working with standard mammalian cell lines, iPSC cultures and primary cell cultures
- Responsible for establishing and overseeing iPSC capabilities for assay development and compound evaluation
- Establish and utilize primary cell cultures for target-specific assay development
- Apply data analysis tools to assess biological activity and assay performance including statistical analysis of experimental data
- Mentor and manage associate scientists in a matrixed organization
- Collaborate extensively with multiple project teams
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, neuroscience, biochemistry, or a relevant biological science with an additional 3+ years of relevant industry experience in assay development, or a B.S./M.S. with 8+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience with culturing techniques for the growth and differentiation of iPSC and primary cell cultures.
- Experience in neurodegenerative and neurological disease research and CNS drug discovery strongly preferred
- Expertise in molecular biology and cell engineering, including cloning and expansion of stable cell lines for target evaluation
- Proficiency in RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, cell sorting, FRET-based and cell proliferation assays
- A strong background in assay development, optimization, and validation.
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects
- A demonstrated ability to work with large experimental data sets including statistical analyses.
- Ability to work and think independently and contribute as a part of a highly matrixed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Self-motivation, ability to multi-task, capacity to handle multiple and changing priorities as well as fluctuations in the workload
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs