Scientist, Oligonucleotide PK/PD and Biochemistry
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join the in vitro biology team to lead the development and execution of assays for the function, activity and quantification of oligonucleotides from biological samples.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of in vitro biochemical experiments to determine the biodistribution, pharmacodynamic properties and efficacy of oligonucleotides in preclinical studies supporting multiple drug development programs for neurodegenerative diseases.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in pharmacokinetics data analysis for oligonucleotide therapeutics and will influence the design of in vivo preclinical PK/PD experiments to advance therapeutic projects.
The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with multiple project teams and will possess excellent organizational and personal interaction skills.
- Masters or PhD degree in Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology, or a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with extensive experience in the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of oligonucleotides
- Expertise with bioanalytical assay development and validation for the quantitative analysis of oligonucleotides from biological fluids and tissues is required
- Demonstrated ability in the development of assays for in vivo biomarkers of drug activity including the quantitation of mRNAs and proteins from cells and tissues
- Experience in CNS drug discovery strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience analyzing and utilizing PK data to inform lead compounds, model dosing paradigms, understand drug metabolites, and interpret tolerability data is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Phoenix WinNonlin PK analysis software, or equivalent, and expertise in PK data analysis and PK/PD modeling is strongly preferred
- Experience with CRO management in the assessment of distribution, metabolism and excretion of oligonucleotides as well as anti-drug antibody formation and activity is an advantage
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines is required
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference job code PK-KS
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Atalanta will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.Back to Jobs