Scientist II/Senior Scientist, Bioanalytics/DMPK
Atalanta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel oligonucleotide therapeutics for the treatment of genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Our founders’ groundbreaking discoveries in RNA interference offer a powerful therapeutic approach to halt diseases at their source. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s up-and-coming Seaport district.
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join the in vitro biology team. As a subject matter expert, this individual will lead the development and execution of bioanalytical assays for the function, activity and quantification of oligonucleotides from biological samples and the development of assays for biomarker analysis. The candidate will be responsible for the supporting multiple drug development programs for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Design and execute in vitro biochemical experiments to determine the biodistribution, pharmacodynamic properties and efficacy of oligonucleotides in preclinical studies
- Develop assays for in vivo biomarkers of drug activity
- Design, validation, and implementation of rigorous assays for the quantitation of oligonucleotides, mRNAs and proteins from cells and tissues.
- Developing and standardizing cell-based assays, using skills in molecular cloning, stable cell line generation, cell culture and expression analysis
- Influence the design of in vivo preclinical PK/PD experiments to advance therapeutic projects
- Oversight of external assay performance and method transfer to CRO’s
- Analyze pharmacokinetics data for oligonucleotide therapeutics
- Mentoring and/or managing Research Associates in the performance of above assays internally, in a matrixed organization
- Collaborate extensively with multiple project teams and will possess excellent organizational and personal interaction skills
- A PhD in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of industry experience or a minimum of a Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in a related discipline
- Expertise with bioanalytical assay development and validation for the quantitative analysis of oligonucleotides from biological fluids and tissues is required
- Demonstrated ability in the development of assays for in vivo biomarkers of drug activity including the quantitation of mRNAs and proteins from cells and tissues
- Experience in CNS drug discovery strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with HPLC, LC-MS, ELISA, Western Blot/Gel Electrophoresis is highly preferred
- Expertise in PK data analysis and PK/PD modeling and proficiency with Phoenix WinNonlin PK analysis software, or equivalent, is an advantage
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines is required
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs