Scientist/Senior Scientist – Bioinformatics, Neuroscience Biology
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Neuroscience Biology team as our first dedicated in-house bioinformatician, with the opportunity to make your mark on the entire research organization. The selected individual is expected to develop bioinformatics pipelines and workflows to execute transcriptomic analyses for multiple scientific programs, to utilize machine learning and algorithm development to support new discovery efforts, and to help develop pipelines for genetic analyses. Successful candidates will have significant experience with bioinformatics and computational biology, an understanding of molecular biology, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated cross-functional team. The selected individual will have the opportunity to learn and perform cutting-edge drug discovery and to influence decision making.
- Provide leadership in designing bioinformatics approaches to meet program objectives
- Develop pipelines and bioinformatics workflows to analyze and interpret transcriptomics studies to address key questions in drug discovery
- Support development of a one-of-a-kind bioinformatics algorithm to direct chemical synthesis and predict structure-activity relations for novel therapeutics
- Develop and oversee a DNA-seq rare variant calling pipeline for prediction and interpretation of variants within clinical disease cohorts
- Perform in-depth search of gene, transcript, protein, and variant data using publicly available resources
- D. in bioinformatics, computational biology or related discipline with direct hands-on experience in bulk RNA-seq analysis, experience in genetics and DNA-seq pipelines, and a working knowledge of molecular biology
- A minimum of 0-3 years of hands-on postdoctoral or industry experience in genomic/transcriptomic data analysis. Position level is commensurate with experience
- Expertise in hands-on bioinformatic analysis of high-throughput next generation sequencing data
- Solid knowledge of statistics and some familiarity with machine learning
- Facility with rare disease and rare variant genetics
- In-depth knowledge of public genetic databases, biobanks, resources, and the bioinformatic tools used for these data analyses
- Extensive experience in programming, scripting, querying or statistical analysis languages such as R, python, Perl, SQL, Nextflow. Experience with workflow development.
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment
- Enthusiasm to help design and develop novel therapeutics targeting neurological diseases with a high unmet medical need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical languages
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com referencing “Bioinformatics – Neuro”
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs