Scientist/Senior Scientist, Nucleoside/Oligonucleotide Chemistry
This position represents a unique opportunity for a talented chemist to join a dynamic medicinal chemistry team and have a significant impact on advancing our science and success of the company. In this highly visible role, will be responsible for the design and synthesis of nucleosides, nucleoside analogs, and oligonucleotide conjugates to advance Atalanta’s drug discovery programs. The candidate will be responsible for the design and organic synthesis of compounds and contribute to the discovery of novel chemical structures to improve siRNA performance and efficacy. Successful candidates will have extensive experience with chemical synthesis, purification, and analytics of oligonucleotides, as well as demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team on multiple parallel projects. The candidate should have in depth experience in the field of RNA therapeutics with hands on knowledge of chemical structure search tools, synthesis techniques, purification instrumentation, and analysis methods related to chemically modified nucleosides and oligonucleotides.
Design Novel Nucleoside and Oligonucleotide analogs
- Independently plan and design synthetic schemes for novel chemical nucleoside structures for the enhanced distribution and function of oligonucleotide therapeutics
- Execute efficient and safe chemical synthesis in a modern organic chemistry laboratory
- Operate and interpret data from LC-MS (Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry) and HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- Experience operating oligonucleotide synthesis equipment is preferred
- Participate in and contribute to cross disciplinary discussions to effectively innovate on Atalanta’s novel oligonucleotide platform.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Take a leadership role in maintaining all aspects of laboratory instrumentation and operations
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills are essential
- Ability to supervise associates and lead in a cross functional team environment
- PhD in Chemistry is required; post-doctoral or industrial working experience in an adjacent/complimentary field is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of nucleoside and nucleotide chemical modifications in the context of siRNA and/or nucleic acid technologies is essential
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs