Senior Manager, Information Technology
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing therapeutics from branched siRNA, a novel technology that provides specific, broad, and durable target knockdown within the brain, to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in the lives of patients suffering from grievous disease. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are a privately funded company located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a Senior Manager of IT to manage and build our information technology function. Reporting to the SVP, Program & Alliance Management, this individual, as the first internal contact of the company’s information and technology operations, will collaborate closely with colleagues, senior management and other stakeholders to assess user needs and ensure success of IT Managed Services. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to find, implement, and continuously improve practical and scalable technology solutions. This individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced, deeply scientific, and friendly, startup environment. Seeking a highly motivated IT professional who will play a key role in the evolution of Atalanta’s technology landscape.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of on-site IT support working with users in the office and scientific lab environment to ensure smooth IT operation including telecommunications infrastructure (phone and video conferencing).
- Oversee, integrate, and manage vendors as part of our outsourced IT model.
- Coordinate with IT MSP to measure availability, performance, capacity, and utilization of IT and Informatics services.
- Manage in-house IT equipment inventory in partnership with IT MSP (i.e. computers, monitors, docking stations, etc.), including asset tagging and inventory capture in our monitoring system
- Oversees and implements all IT policies, procedures and plans for security, data center, desktops and infrastructure based on industry-standard best practices.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Provide high level of customer focused services
- Ensure the growth of the overall IT organization is structured and aligned to help drive desired scalable growth
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline with a minimum of 7 years of experience in an IT infrastructure and support role with increasing responsibility
- Experience working in an outsourced IT model within biotech/pharmaceutical or related life sciences field is preferred.
- Well-versed in Microsoft technologies, Office 365, Active Directory, SharePoint, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to meet the organization’s developing needs and growth.
- Demonstrated business process improvement capabilities
- Entrepreneurial approach and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, creative and high-growth company environment
- Ability to partner with the business and arrive at business solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability to communicate technical terms to non-technical colleagues
- Approachable, responsive and able to proactively communicate risks, issues and recommendations
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Atalanta will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individualsBack to Jobs