Senior Manager, Research Project Management
Senior Manager of Research Project Management is responsible for coordination and operational management of early- stage drug discovery projects through to early development stages, including preclinical and drug development activities. The role includes translating program strategy into executable plans, develop and maintain project plans to ensure that deliverables are within budget, successfully executed in accordance with corporate and research strategies, project goals and disease area objectives.. This includes planning and tracking progress for all internal and outsourced activities required to advance drug discovery projects.
- Responsible for managing drug discovery & early development processes using the best tools available for project management.
- Conduct program level scenario planning and risk analysis. Drive the development of contingency and risk mitigation plans. Provide oversight in project level scenario planning
- Plan and prepare the cross-functional project plans and/or tracking all project and team information with a variety of project management tools (MS Project, SharePoint, excel and web-based).
- Prepare clear and sufficiently detailed minutes of all Project Team meetings
- Prepare methodical tracking of all action items and initiate innovative ways to stay current of this multidimensional tasks.
- In partnership with the Research Project Leader and Finance, the Research Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating and/or preparing monthly reports, budgets and resource plans for the organization.
- Keep abreast of changes and ensure constant communication with the scientific Project Leader and all Project Team members of the cross-functional drug discovery/ early development teams. Ensure all parties are aware of project activity, issues, contingencies and timelines related to commencement and completion of commitments.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences or a relevant field
- Minimum of 6 years industry experience within the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare related field
- Experience in managing and/or leading cross-functional drug discovery and development teams
- Drug Development knowledge with advanced understanding of other functions; including, but not limited to, Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing and Operations, and Regulatory
- Application of Project Management tools, methodologies and practices
- Working Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Experience in Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis and Contingency Planning
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs