Senior Research Associate II/III
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our In Vitro Biology team to contribute to the preclinical development of RNAi-based therapeutics. The selected individual is expected to design and execute assays for the quantification of therapeutic oligonucleotides, to assess the knockdown of target mRNAs and proteins and to assess additional molecular biomarkers of therapeutic efficacy.
- The design and implementation of rigorous assays for the quantitation of oligonucleotides, mRNAs and proteins from cells and tissues.
- Developing and standardizing cell-based assays, using skills in molecular cloning, stable cell line generation, cell culture and expression analysis
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments and presentation
of results within the company
- S./M.A. in biochemistry or relevant biological science with an additional 5+ years of experience, or
- S./B.A. in a relevant biological science with an additional 8+ years of experience
- A strong background in assay development, optimization and validation in mammalian cell culture
- Technical expertise in cell-based bioassays, SDS-PAGE/immunoblotting and ELISA/multiplex assays
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, including molecular cloning, creation of stable cell lines for target evaluation, mRNA expression analysis, RNAseq and DNA sequence analysis tools
- Experience with oligonucleotide quantification, pharmacodynamic biomarker identification, and neurobiology are preferred
- Ability to work and think independently while contributing as a part of a highly matrixed team
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal communication, presentations to groups, written reports and detailed record keeping
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job code SRA-KS
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs