Senior Research Associate, Neuroscience Biology
Atalanta is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Neuroscience Biology team to contribute to the preclinical development of RNAi-based therapeutics. The selected individual is expected to design and execute cellular assays to assess target biology and candidate drug pharmacodynamics. Successful candidates will have significant experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology, as well as a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated cross-functional team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- The design and implementation of rigorous cell-based assays for assessment of drug pharmacodynamics. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of the biological effects of target modulation, quantitation of mRNA and protein expression changes, and assessment of the impact of siRNA design modifications on cellular uptake, activity and toxicity.
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments, and presentation of results within the company
Applicants should have:
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays. Experience working with primary neurons, astrocytes, microglia, or iPSC-derived neuronal cultures is preferred.
- Extensive experience with molecular biology, including gDNA and mRNA extraction, mRNA expression analysis (QRT-PCR, RNAseq), nucleic acid electrophoresis, Western blot, ELISA. Experience with molecular cloning and bacterial culture is an asset.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, in situ hybridization, ICC, magnetic bead cell sorting, and flow cytometry
- A strong understanding and practical experience with assay development and optimization. Experience with assay development in the context of neurodegenerative disease is preferred.
- Ability to work and think independently and contribute as a part of a highly matrixed team
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail
- M.S./M.A. in Neuroscience, Cellular, or Molecular Biology, with an additional 5+ years of industry experience, or
- B.S./B.A. in Neuroscience, Cellular, or Molecular Biology, with an additional 8+ years of industry experience.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com Referencing job code RA-CGB
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.Back to Jobs